Do I need a "terminal" server?
Hi, my companies currently has two windows server 2003 servers. One is the main server used for exchange and AD, etc. The other is the terminal server that about twelve people remote desktop connection into. Usually only about six people are on it at a time. Well, currently we are moving to new server hardware and are upgrading all our software as well. I have one new server computer that will run any operating systems necessary virtually (hypervisor.) So my plan right now is to install SBS 2011 to act as the domain controller, active directory, exchange, etc. Is it bad practice to have people RDP into SBS 2011 or would I be better off installing SBS 2008 R2 as well to act as a "terminal" server? What are all of your ideas on setting up my companies network like this? Any comments and/or suggestions are welcome.
June 13th, 2011 12:30pm

Hi mikeken763, Thanks for posting here. > Is it bad practice to have people RDP into SBS 2011 or would I be better off installing SBS 2008 R2 as well to act as a "terminal" server? If you are going to transfer to SBS based system then I ‘d suggest you to deploy the premium server for supporting terminal service. Please take look the article below and it is also applied to SBS 2011 scenario: Using Terminal Services in Windows Small Business Server 2008 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd262139(WS.10).aspx Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 14th, 2011 2:52am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics